· President Tom Ruzicka opened the meeting with introductions and appreciation to all in attendance and to Mark 1 Electric for hosting today’s event.
· The financial report was provided by Vice-President Sharon Mount. Sharon reported very healthy balances in both the CSG General Fund and the Scholarship Fund with over $7,000 received so far this year from membership dues.
· The Annual CSG Scholarship Golf Tournament is scheduled for September 23, 2016 at the Shoal Creek Golf Club. Details will be on the CSG website soon. www.csgkc.org/
· The two upcoming area safety conferences were again announced:
o The Safety Conference & Exposition at Tan Tar A presented by the Safety & Health Council of Western Missouri and Kansas will be held May 18th through the 20th. Registration and information can be found at http://www.shcmoks.com/.
o The Midwest Construction Safety Conference presented by the Builders Association will be held on March 24th & 25th and registration and information can be found at http://www.buildersassociation.org/WCM/Safety/Midwest_Safety_Conference/WCM/_Safety/Midwest_Safety_Conference.aspx?hkey=4b1bd9c0-8cd4-4484-b89d-39b7152f1f48
· Tom reminded the room of the National Safety Stand Down for Fall Protection, the week of May 2nd through 6th.
· Today’s subject was DOT – Most Violated and Updates and was presented by Larry Huskey, Midwest Transportation Specialist and Rod Harpenau, Missouri Department of Transportation. Safety Compliance Manuals were provided for all in attendance and a reminder that a free DOT audit can be requested through MoDOT. Larry is a DOT Expert who consults with companies with fleets so if you are in need of assistance with your fleet safety, please don’t hesitate to contact either of these gentlemen..
Larry’s can be reached at email@example.com or by calling (816) 724-0030. Rod can be reached at Rodney.firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (816) 622-0041.
· The next meeting will be on March 3rd at Legend of Asia, 1853 MO-7, Blue Springs, MO and the Speaker will be Dr. Jared Dirks presenting on returning injured employees to work.