August 2017 Meeting Minutes
· Vaughn Baker, President of Strategos International, discussed a non-linear approach to workplace intruder response. His presentation provided insight and information for us to think about in regard to being prepared for an armed intruder event either in the workplace or outside of the workplace. ** A copy of the presentation can be found HERE
· Information was provided on upcoming SPAN Safety Workshops hosted by the Builders’ Association for the ASP Prep (October 2017), CSP Prep (January 2018) and CHST Prep (October 2018).
· Elections will be held in the very near future for the CSG Executive Committee with 2 positions to be filled – Recording Secretary and Vice President. Please consider serving as a leader for the CSG in order to continue providing meaningful opportunities for our members.
· Dues notices will be sent out in the very near future. We appreciate your membership and hope for your continued membership. We greatly appreciate those who pay their dues early or on time – by November 1st. With your continued involvement, the CSG can provide pertinent information on construction safety issues, a place for networking and developing resources, and continued support of our up and coming safety professionals at UCM and Pitt State.
· The CSG Golf Tournament will take place on September 22, 2017. Midway Ford has kindly donated a brand new Ford Escape as a hole in one prize for hole 3 on the course. YEAH!! They will also have other prizes available for any hole in one that is made on the other par 3 holes on the course. Register to play ASAP – early bird registration expires on August 18th.
· Our September meeting will not be on the first Thursday of the month as we are holding a joint meeting with our local ASSE Chapter. The meeting will take place on Monday, September 18, 2017 at Midwest Public Risk in Independence, MO and will feature an OSHA representative providing information on OSHA updates/issues.