October 2017 Meeting Minutes
* A huge thanks to all of you who participated in our annual golf tournament. We had 115
golfers and raised $10,000 for our scholarship funds for Pittsburg State University and the
University of Central Missouri.
* A reminder that the Builders’ Association is hosting upcoming SPAN Safety Workshops for
the ASP Prep (October 2017), CSP Prep (January 2018) and CHST Prep (October 2018).
* Congratulations to Steve Ratliffe, our current VP who passed his CSP exam on September
15 th !!
* Our Executive Committee for the November 2017 through October 2018 year will be:
Incoming President – Steve Ratliffe (Holmes Murphy & SMACNA), Incoming VP – Michael
Leach (Faith Technologies), Incoming Recording Secretary – Matt Wasowicz (McCarthy
* Starting in November 2017, our lunch fees will remain at $20 for members and increase to
$25 for non-members. If your dues are not paid, you are not considered a member for
lunch fee purposes. Additionally, we can no longer use the “honor system” for lunches.
* A reminder that the Midwest Construction Safety Conference will take place on March 15 th
and 16 th 2018 at the Adams Pointe Conference Center in Blue Springs.
* Introduction of Sgt. Collin Stosberg, Public Information & Education Officer with the
Missouri Highway patrol, presenting on Distracted Driving.