Construction Safety Group of Kansas City Scholarship Program
For more than 25 years The Construction Safety Group of Kansas City has provided over $125,000 in scholarships to students attending either the University of Central Missouri or Pittsburg State University. The number of scholarships awarded annually is based on the number of qualified candidates. Applicants are eligible to apply for up to four (4) years of undergraduate study in Safety Management, Occupational Safety and Health, and/or Industrial Hygiene. Applicants with an emphasis in construction safety and health are highly desired, but not mandatory. All applications are reviewed by a formal scholarship committee and winners are selected based on an applicant’s financial need, interest in construction safety, grades, extracurricular activities, adult evaluations and interviews.
To be considered for the Construction Safety Group of Kansas City Scholarship Program all applicants shall:
1. Have a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA) upon submission of application.
2. Submit official college or university transcripts of your academic records.
3. Provide a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendations from two separate adult, non-family members who are familiar with your academic or professionally related experience.
4. Complete and submit scholarship application form.
5. Be a full-time student and have declared major in Occupational Safety. Applicants with an emphasis in construction safety and health are highly desired, but not mandatory.
6. Not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, national or ethnic origin.
Questions about the Construction Safety Group of Kansas City Scholarship Program contact:
Matt Dierking, MS, CHST
Safety, Health and Environmental Services Director
Office Phone: 816.595.4158